Last Night’s Clothes & Tomorrow’s Dreams {Wicked and Whimsy}

23:25

My enduring memory of Wicked and Whimsy will be taking home a basket full of leftover scones.

Gazing lovingly at my secret scones
No, really! Turns out the generous provision for the afternoon tea was just too many scones to eat, even with seasoned lolitas trying their best to get through the tiers of cake and sandwiches...and turns out that taking a basket in place of a bag makes you the best-equipped person in the room to take home the leftover scones from the table.


I was really pleased with my tea party outfit, I think it was very whimsical. I decided to pull out the red roses of the print because that was very different to my previous co-ordinates with this JSK, and as my planning went on I went for a flower fairy theme - like I was part of Queen Mab's court. I did have a last minute panic that the flower crown was Too Much, but the Midlands comm reassured me that it wasn't - and that even if it was, wasn't Wicked and Whimsy the perfect time to be #teamtoomuch anyway?!

My outfit was made up of Lily of the Valley Designs Forest of the Unicorn JSK - Innocent World boots and socks - Peacockalorum bolero and underskirt - Fantastic Grim necklace - garlands "made" by me. I say "made" because mostly I just wrapped them where I wanted them and used some wire to secure - not really a complex project!


I wasn't so pleased with my makeup - I wanted to look fresh-faced, so went for a more minimal look, but it didn't show up very well in photos due to the shadow of the crown and I feel like it looks like I'm not wearing any even though I have lots on! It doesn't matter though - I was too busy having a fantastic time with some of my favourite people.

I feel like the Sunday evennts are better for relaxing and chatting - I love Saturday, and meeting people who I've only met online before - but the tea party is at a very relaxed pace without rushing to see events, and it's nice to take the time to talk and eat lots of fantastic food.


The food was excellent and Tea Party Club always do an amazing job of catering for any dietary requirements without giving what feels like a poor substitution. There was excellent vegan cake, which was very appreciated - especially when compared to to some places that just give fruit! However, it was very difficult to get tea - I think the waiters were overworked with too many teas to get around too many people - but that's not a fault of the organisers who were doing an excellent job and were giving advice on how to deal with the situation. I also appreciated a chance to look over RoseMarie Seoir and Enchantic Enchantilly's goods again, although I decided to save to make a big RoseMarie Seoir haul with a comm friend in the future.

However - best thing of the entire event was probably the venue. This venue had been used before for Frock On...which I didn't attend and was very jealous about, especially because I'd been told about the opulent bathrooms and how great they were.

They are very opulent bathrooms. They are very great. They come equipped with a chaise lounge for when the event has all become too much and you're overwhelmed by all the wonderful outfits and you just need a lie down! Sadly the chaise lounge wouldn't fit in my basket and therefore could not be taken home...

I'm really looking forward to next year's event, especially with the guest being announced as Angelic Pretty! Outfit plans are already being put into place, and hopefully in 2017 I will have a full outfit together with no last minute sewing or borrowed accessories to be seen.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

I appreciate all the comments I get, and while I don't always manage to reply to them (especially not as quickly as I'd like!), I do read them all and enjoy hearing people's thoughts.